Aurora Alcohol and Drug Rehab Is the Best Choice for Lasting Recovery
Withdrawal from Alcohol Addiction
Independent attempts at stopping alcohol consumption all of a sudden may lead to severe withdrawal symptoms which can be extremely dangerous and difficult to overcome. Recovery from alcohol addiction should be done with the supervision and aid of a medical professional.
Withdrawal symptoms that an addict may face at the time of recovery include:
- Excessive sweating
- Uncontrolled shaking of hands
Detoxification for alcohol is in fact much more difficult to do as compared to drugs. Sudden termination of alcohol consumption may even lead to a condition called delirium tremens. If not addressed in a proper manner, severe alcohol addiction withdrawal symptoms may even lead toward the death of an addict.
The immediate objectives of an alcohol treatment program are to relieve the symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal and treat any medical or psychiatric conditions present. Once these objectives have been accomplished, the alcohol detox team helps prepare you for your next level of treatment which may include: a residential alcohol rehab program, outpatient alcohol treatment program or attendance at alcoholic's anonymous meetings.
Finding Alcoholism Treatment
The type and length of stay in an alcoholism treatment program ultimately depends upon the severity of your alcoholism and your resources. Generally speaking, most patients will require completion of a medically monitored alcohol detox program before they can advance to an alcoholism treatment program.
When choosing an inpatient alcoholism treatment program, you would be wise to make sure the program includes:
- An alcohol detox program located within its own facility
- A medically-monitored alcohol detox program that includes 24-hour nursing
- A physician trained in addiction medicine (ASAM-certified)
- A comprehensive family component
- An intensive relapse prevention program
- A dual diagnosis treatment program if necessary
- A license by the state and accreditation through the JCAHO
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What To Expect:
- Professional Treatment that Works
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Comfortable and Clean Facilities
- 12-Step Small Group Therapy
- Safe Medically Supervised Detox and Rehab
- A Complete Dual Diagnosis Rehab Facility